UIIC Content Center: Past Events
2023 SUMMER SYMPOSIUM
Thought leaders from the emerging utility I&I (Imagery & Inspection) space gathered on June 20-21, 2023, at the Avista headquarters in Spokane, WA, attendees gained valuable insights from workshops, collaborated with their industry peers, and even got a hands-on drone demo that was sponsored by DJI.
Sprinkled into the agenda were keynote sessions with Avista utilities on how operations and technology are using imagery from their infrastructure to make key business decisions.
- Charlotte Dewey of the National Weather Service (NOAA) led a discussion on how the NWS and utilities can collaborate in the I&I Space
- Utility leaders from Avista, SDGE, So Cal Edison, Eversource, Xcel and more share how they are becoming the catalyst in the I&I Space
Solution providers and utilities convened at our inaugural Utility Imagery & Inspection Consortium (“UIIC”) Summit in Phoenix, Arizona.
The discussions centered around the challenges, successes, lessons learned, and drivers behind the burgeoning utility imagery and inspection space. Participants were lively and offered a glimpse into a utility market segment poised to leverage a bounty of new technologies and processes that are beginning to yield measurable improvements in reliability and safety and will ultimately change how utilities manage their infrastructure for operational and financial improvements.
- Keynote speaker, Jordan Evans, NASA Aerospace Engineer, paralleled his projects on the Mars Rover to the challenges utilities face in the I&I field
- Daniel Anderson of Black & Veatch led a discussion focused on the new US Department of Energy initiative – the Grid Resilience & Innovation Program
- Utility leaders from SoCal Edison, Evergy, TECO, SRP, APS and more shared their thoughts on their Maturity Curve journey
2022 SUMMER SYMPOSIUM
Thought leaders in the Imagery & Inspection space met at Oncor Electric Delivery in Fort Worth, TX for our inaugural two day event!
Day 2 featured morning and afternoon sessions led by utility thought leaders speaking about how I&I technologies and practices are creating value in their business.
- Mark Carpenter, VP of T&D System Operations, Oncor: Challenges & Opportunities with Pro-Active Inspections at Oncor
- Jonathon MacIntosh of Nova Scotia Power: Turning Data Into Intelligence to Make Better Decisions
- Two Center of Excellence discussions from L3Harris, HCL & Aethon Aerial